About The Food Distribution Center
The Food Distribution Center is concerned with all the issues that Oneida community members with low income face, including limited education, unemployment and low self-esteem. That is why our goals are more than just supplying food. The Food Distribution Center fights hunger by giving our community people a ‘hand up’ and not a ‘hand out’.
We are doing this by:
- Providing the community nutritional information to help reduce the impacts of health issues and increase or sustaining a quality of life around healthy food consumption.
- Provide outreach information to assist clients to access other programs that can help meet their needs.
- Provide free delivery service to elderly, disabled and respond emergency situations when needed.
Hours of Operation
The Food Distribution Center is open for services during the following weekdays and times. Please note the “Exceptions” below.
Monday – Thursday:
8:00 am – 12:00 pm
10:00 pm – 4:00 pm
8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Closed on the Oneida Tribe’s designated holidays (Holiday Observance Schedule)
Friday afternoons are reserved for deliveries to elderly, handicapped, and emergency situations.
The last five working days of the month are only open to receive applications and help clients with the application process.
To apply for assistance from the Food Distribution Center, return the completed application and provide the following information:
- Proof of income – copy of checks, printout from employer, award letters, etc.
A. Last 6 check stubs if paid weekly or
Last 3 check stubs if paid bi-weekly or
Most current check stub if paid monthly
B. Proof of any other income whether earned or unearned, paid by cash or check
- Proof of residence for all household members 18 years of age and over. Legal document showing your current address such as rent receipts, drivers license, utility bills, etc., can be used.
- Social Security numbers and birth dates for all members of the household. These must be provided on the application each time you apply.
- Proof of enrollment if you live outside the reservation boundaries.