HBO & HIP
Home Building Opportunity (HBO)
BUILD YOUR DREAM HOME
Building your dream home can be one of the most exciting and rewarding projects you can undertake. Getting the opportunity to plan out each step of the process and make the decisions about your building project is a big responsibility. If you are in the market to build a home and looking for land, you may want to consider the Home Building Opportunity (HBO). The HBO is a means for enrolled members of the Oneida Nation of Wisconsin, to obtain a Residential Land Lease for a vacant residential lot.
A good place to start the research for your home building project is to find out how much financing you will be able to obtain. A pre-qualification letter from a financial institution is required at the time of application submission.
For additional information please contact the Housing at (920) 869-2227.
The HBO Standard Application period opens back up February 10th, 2023. Applicants can put in their application for any of the available lots left, on a first come first serve basis. No lottery will happen, the lot goes to whomever comes in and applies for the Lot first.
Homeownership Independent Purchase Program (HIP)
The Homeownership by Independent Purchase (HIP) Program helps to increase Oneida enrolled members homeownership; increase the land base available for the fee-to-trust process, while simultaneously affording you a greater independence in the purchase process by requiring the buyer to negotiate the purchase offer independent of the Nation.
In order to initiate the HIP process, the buyer shall request a certificate of pre-qualification from Bay Bank which will provide the maximum amount of financing that Bay Bank is willing to offer towards a home purchase.
- Oneida Tribal Member
- 18 years of age or older
- Have adequate funds available for purchase of the Improvements or be able to secure financing from Bay Bank
- Meet the minimum down payment requirements established by Bay Bank and HUD’s guidelines
Eligible Property for purchase
- Must be fee land located within Reservation boundaries
- Must be single family dwelling located on the property; vacant properties are not eligible for this program.
- Must be free of any and all environmental concerns to the satisfaction of the Environmental Health & Safety and Land Division;
- Must be free of any and all title defects to the satisfaction of the Oneida Law Office;
- May not require mortgage loan for the improvements in excess of $250,000; and
- May not have a tax assessed value of greater than $100,000 for the land;
- May not have restrictive covenants which would prevent the Nation from having the land put into trust status. Subdivisions which may have such restrictive covenants include, but are not limited to: Thornberry Creek subdivisions, Tailwinds, Centennial Centre, and Polo Point.
For More Information Contact:
CHD Residential Leasing Specialist
Phone: (920) 869-2227