2023 GWA Late Application Submissions
At 430pm CST, the online GWA application in the Members Only Portal will be temporarily closed until October 1, 2023. Tribal members who missed the regular GWA application period can submit a late application before March 1, 2024. Payments will be distributed by March 29, 2024.
The Food GWA Assistance program ($500) has ended on September 8, 2023, at 4:30pm CST. These funds can no longer be claimed, no exceptions. The 18+ GWA payment ($1500), Elder 62+ ($2000), and Elder 65+ ($703.54) can still be claimed during the late period until March 1, 2024.
Address and Direct Deposit (ACH) information- can be updated in-person or on the members only portal until 4:30 pm (CST) September 15, 2023, for those who submitted their GWA application on or before September 8, 2023. Any updates to address or direct deposit information received by Trust Enrollment Department between September 16, 2023, and September 29, 2023, will not be applied to the September 29, 2023, payments.
See link below to print the Late 2023 GWA Application.
2023 GWA Payment Amounts
- $500 GWE (Food Assistance) (Age 18+ or will be by 12/31/2023) *No late application or late disbursement. No exceptions*
- $1,500 GWE Assistance Funds (Age 18+ or will be by 09/01/2023)
- $2,000 GWE Assistance Funds (Age 62 years old or will be by 12/31/2023)
- $703.54 GWE Elder Assistance Program Funds (Age 65+ or will be by 12/31/2023)
Payments will be issued on Friday, September 29, 2023.
No 1099 forms will be mailed out for the 2023 payment, this is a General Welfare payment and is considered non-taxable income. The payment is not per capita. At this time, there are no per capita payments to the membership. Please see link below for Chairman Hill’s letter confirming the payment is not taxable. Yaw^ko
2023 General Welfare Assistance (GWA) Payment Verification Letter
Please refer to the Nation’s website, oneida-nsn.gov/covid-19, and the Nation’s social media accounts for the most up-to-date information.
- The Trust Enrollment Department is now open to the public. Tribal ID’s hours are 9 am-4 pm. Appointment not required. Please note:
- A separate photo ID is required (older versions of Tribal IDs without an expiration are not acceptable pursuant BC Resolution 03-14-18-A)
- Tribal IDs cost $5 for members under 54 years old (cash or check only)
- Tribal IDs cost $2 for members 55 years and older (cash or check only)
- Beginning March 2020 any Tribal ID that does not have an expiration date will not be recognized by the Trust Enrollment Department, nor will they be recognized as valid forms of identification at Tribal functions such as GTC meetings or Oneida Elections. This is pursuant to BC Resolution 03-14-18-A.
- On July 26, 2017, the Business Committee adopted amendments to the Cemetery Law moving cemetery duties over to the Division of Land Management. For cemetery information or plot purchases, please visit Land Management’s webpage.