Eco-Services & Forestry
Eco-Services focuses on projects and education. We install Best Management projects on tribal farm land that keeps soil, fertilizer and pesticides on farm fields and out of waterways. Renewable Energy program encourages alternative energy sources that will save the tribe money and address climate change. Many of our projects change every year dependent on funding, community needs and interests. We provide environmental planning support for community projects such as trails, landscaping and stormwater.
Watershed and Wildlife Habitat Restoration
- Provide customer service, education and outreach to tribal agricultural land lease holders for assistance with Farm Bill Programs
- Work with Federal and local Agencies to address resource concerns within agricultural lands
- Manage the restoration of land back into natural areas such as wetlands, forests and grasslands
- Administer several conservation grants and programs
Tree and Forest Management
- Treat and/or remove dead/dying trees.
- Establish new and diverse tree/forest resources.
- Preservation of culturally endangered, threatened or rare vegetation.
- Issue and monitor Wood Cutting Permits
~ Emerald Ash Borer
It has been confirmed by the Wisconsin Department of Trade and Consumer Protection and the Wisconsin DNR, of the Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) presence in Wisconsin. The EAB is an invasive insect pest of ash trees and it is prohibited to move firewood across county lines to help control the spread.
For more information, please contact the Oneida Nation Forester at (920) 869-4582.
Community Environmental Projects
- Provide assistance for sustainable practices
- Encourage natural landscaping and stormwater management around tribal buildings
- Provide mapping and surveying services to Oneida members and departments
Community Outreach and Education
- Provide outreach and education on tribal natural areas and natural resources
For more information contact Sylvia Cornelius, Eco Services Manager at (920) 869-4570