Elementary School Start Date 9/8/2020
We look forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. A strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college or technical training
Your children receive the best education when you and our dedicated teachers work as a team. It’s a parent’s enthusiasm, support and involvement that inspires children to do their best; and a teacher’s ability to teach what they need to learn. Together we can achieve wonderful things.
In closing, thank you for your commitment to your child’s education and I look forward to seeing you in the very near future. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any concerns or if there is anything that I can assist you with.
Principal, Oneida Nation Elementary