Community Education Center
ONCEC is focused on providing the foundation of education needed to be successful in a person’s life and career. The teachers have experience as educators in public education and enjoy helping our community members with their academic growth through planning, teaching and tutoring individuals from grade school through college. People may receive assistance through one-on-one sessions, formal classes, and self-directed learning.
The Oneida Community Education Center, started in June 1993 as the Oneida Career Development and Technical Center through a federal Workplace Literacy Grant. The Center offered computer classes, GED/HSED program, and career counseling for tribal members.
By 1998, the Center’s name changed to the Community Education Center with a new mission to provide the community with educational and enrichment opportunities.
Today, the Center offers more diverse programming to include more community classes, events, and tutoring services, in addition to offering GED/HSED programs and computer lab.
Community Education Center:
- A place where diverse ideas and ways can come together through community building;
- A place for people to learn from each other;
- A place for people to explore their talents;
- A place for retired people to stay active and continue to learn and share;
- A place where people can gain skills for employment.
The Services We Offer
- Community Enrichment Classes-Register Online Here
- Youth Summer Camps
- GED/HSED Preparation
- Public Computer Use
- Copy, Print, Fax
- Room Reservations
2019 Winter Program Guide PDF