The Oneida Nation has declared a State of Public Health Emergency. Dr. Ravinder Vir, Oneida’s Comprehensive Health Division Medical Director, told Oneida Administrators today, “We are focused on prevention and protection. Our initiative is not fear driven. If we are pro-active today, it will lend to a better tomorrow.”
Though there are no confirmed cases in our community, this declaration gives access to potential funding, assistance, and resources.
Some preventative measures that the Oneida Nation have taken are:
- Closure of the elder Congregate Meal Site. Alternative measures will be used to feed the elders such as deliver and pick up services.
- No visitors to the Anna John Resident Centered Care Community. Emergency circumstances may be coordinated with nursing staff.
- Increased disinfecting of work areas, public areas, and common areas in our buildings.
- Programs and departments will be following their designated mitigation plans to ensure the safety and well-being of their employees and general public.
- Non-local travel restrictions have been put in place for employees to help prevent the spread of the disease.
Further updates and information will be posted on our website at Oneida-nsn.gov and on our Facebook and Twitter accounts as this situation is very fluid and changing daily.