Roberta J Kinzhuma Scholarship
The Roberta Kinzhuma Memorial Scholarship Fund was created to honor her for her dedication and hard work she put forth as a single mother to obtain her Bachelor’s Degree.
The award is for single mothers who are going back to school to further their education to provide a better quality of life for their family. The funds are generated through Oneida Elder Services fundraising efforts. Two $500.00 scholarships will be awarded to the recipient at the annual Oneida Elder Expo, August 8th, 2018. The applicants must meet the following criteria in ordered to be considered for the award:
- Must be returning to school (Freshmen are not eligible)
- Must be a single mother
- An enrolled member of the Oneida Nation
- Must have a 3.0 or “B” cumulative grade point average
- Seeking a degree or certificate in an accredited college and/ or technical school
- If you were a previous winner, to be eligible, you must be pursuing a different level of degree (i.e Associates, Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D)
Applicants must also include a short essay regarding yourself, a copy of your last semester’s grades/transcripts and a copy of your Tribal ID.
Applications can be picked up at Oneida Elder Services or Oneida Higher Education. You may print off the scholarship application by clicking on the following link:
Application deadline is July 25th, 2018 and winners will be notified via telephone August 1st, 2018.
Any questions, contact Crystal Metoxen at (920)869-2448 or email mailto:[email protected]